Veronica Vargas, LPC
Hi, I'm Veronica, a Licensed Professional Counselor who is passionate about helping people overcome their challenges and achieve their full potential. Whether you are struggling with substance use, anxiety, stress, or any other life issue, I'm here to offer you a safe and supportive space where you can express yourself freely and find your own solutions. I work with individuals and couples from diverse backgrounds and orientations, and I respect and celebrate your uniqueness. I'm also bilingual and can provide therapy in Spanish and English.
I became interested in mental health when I was a teenager and witnessed its impact on my community. I saw how people benefited from sharing their feelings and experiences, and I wanted to do something to help them heal. That's why I decided to pursue a Master's degree in Counseling Psychology from Turabo University of Puerto Rico, where I completed my practicum hours at a Center for grief and loss. Since then, I have provided mental health services for 10 years in various settings, such as hospital, residential, outpatient, and clinical care.
Today I pride myself in advocating for people in need of mental health support and encourage others to reduce mental health stigma. I consider myself an ally who supports equal civil rights, gender equality, and LGBTQ+ social movements, and I believe that everyone deserves to be heard, understood, and accepted for who they are.
I'm not just a therapist, I'm also a human being who enjoys life and its pleasures. I love reading, traveling, road trips, gardening, swimming, and spending time with my family and friends. I also like to watch TV, cook, and be creative with art projects or DIYs. Sometimes I make a mess, but that's part of the fun, right? I believe that laughter is the best medicine, and I try to bring some humor and lightness to my sessions.
If you are ready to take the first step towards a happier and healthier life, I invite you to contact me and schedule an appointment. I provide teletherapy only and I welcome adults, singles, and romantic relationships (monogamous or polyamorous).
I look forward to hearing from you and working with you. Thank you for your interest in my services.
Veronica Vargas, Licensed Professional Counselor
Hours: Call for Availability
I have experience working with:
- Individuals and couples navigating the challenges of life, whether they are personal, family, or peer-related.
- Substance use, anxiety, stress management, sleep problems, transitions and adjustments, coping skills, decision making, effective communication and other life experiences.
I work from an integrative or eclectic approach that incorporates elements from different approaches and tailor the treatment according to your needs while keeping careful consideration of cultural concerns and practices, focusing on your strengths to promote healing, resilience, and growth. Some of the treatment modalities I use are:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): This is a type of therapy that helps you identify and change negative thoughts and behaviors that affect your mood and functioning.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT): This is a type of therapy that teaches you skills to regulate your emotions, cope with distress, and improve your relationships.
- Person-Centered Therapy: This is a type of therapy that emphasizes your innate capacity for growth and self-actualization, and provides you with unconditional positive regard and empathy.
- Solution Focused Therapy: This is a type of therapy that helps you focus on your goals and solutions, rather than your problems and difficulties.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT): This is a type of therapy that helps you accept what you cannot change, and commit to actions that align with your values and purpose.
Bachelors of Social Science, Psychology, Turabo University, 2011
Masters in Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Turabo University, 2014